NoFact Immunodepleted Plasmas
Please Contact Us
Or call us at 888-727-2729 for current pricing.
Principle of the Test
Factor activity assays are calibrated with a plasma of known concentration of the factor of interest. PlasmaRef ARN is one of a variety of commercially available calibrators or reference plasmas, including nationally and internationally recognized consensus standards, with defined factor activities.
Handbooks and Guidelines
- Functional Assays for Factors VIII, IX, XI, XII, Prekallikrein, and HMWK, pages 206-210, and Functional Assays for Factors II, V, VII, and X, pages 210-212, in Lapasota et. al., The Clinical Hemostasis Handbook, Year Book Medical Publishers, 1989. This handbook is no longer in print, but many pathologists have a copy.
- Rogers G, “Testing for Inherited Bleeding Disorders”, in Laboratory Hemostasis: A Practical Guide for Pathologists, Bennet S et. al. editors, Springer 2007.
- Krishnan J, Chapter 6, “Coagulation Testing”, in An Algorithmic Approach to Hemostasis Testing, Kottke Marchant ed., CAP Press, 2008
- Kitchen S and Preston F, Chapter 9 “Assays of factor VIII and other clotting factors”, in Quality in Laboratory Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Kitchen, Olson, and Preston ed., Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute, “Determination of Factor Coagulant Activities; Approved Guideline”, CLSI document H48-A, 1997.
- Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute, “One-Stage Prothrombin Time (PT) Test and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT) Test; Approved Guideline – Second Edition”, CLSI document H47-A2, 2008.