Please Contact Us
Or call us at 888-727-2729 for current pricing.
Control Plasmas and Calibrators
PlasmaCon LA is lyophilized human plasma that includes Lupus Anticoagulants
PlasmaCon LA is intended for use as a LA positive, abnormal quality control plasma to monitor the performance of diagnostic assays, performed in professional clinical laboratories, for the presence of lupus anticoagulants in citrated plasma.
PlasmaCon LA is used as an LA positive control plasma for in vitro diagnostic lupus anticoagulant tests in the clinical coagulation laboratory.
|Catalog #||Product||Kit Configuration||Regulatory Classification||Product Insert (PDF)|
|150-201||PlasmaCon LA||10 x 1 mL||510(k), CE||PConLA_IFU|
Principle of the Test
All laboratory assays require internal quality control (QC) as a component of the laboratory’s Quality Assurance program. Control ranges are determined with each lot change of reagent, with each lot change of control, and with major service of the instrument. Thereafter controls are run according to the requirements of the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments. Currently the minimum requirement is two levels of control run every 24 hours; laboratories should consult the current CLIA or ISO regulations and the reagent manufacturers’ recommendations when they design their internal QC programs.
PlasmaCon LA control plasma is manufactured from a blend of normal and LA positive plasmas to which buffers and stabilizers have been added, and is used as an LA positive control for lupus anticoagulant tests such as LupoTek KCT, LupoTek Detectin VL, and LupoTek Correctin VL.
Handbooks and Guidelines
- Westgard J, Basic QC Practices: Third Edition, Westgard QC Inc., 2010.
- Kitchen S, Olson J, and Preston F, Chapter 5 “Internal Quality Control”, in Quality in Laboratory Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Kitchen, Olson, and Preston ed., Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- CLIA 88 current regulations: http://wwwn.cdc.gov/clia/regs/toc.aspx.
- Westgard J., et. al., CLIA Final Rules for Quality Systems, Westgard QC Inc., 2004.
- ISO 15189 “Medical laboratories — Particular requirements for quality and competence”, International Organization for Standardization, http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_ics/catalogue_detail_ics….
- Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute, “Quality Management System: A Model for Laboratory Services; Approved Guideline—Fourth Edition”, CLSI document GP26-A4, 2011.
- Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute, “One-Stage Prothrombin Time (PT) Test and Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT) Test; Approved Guideline – Second Edition”, CLSI document H47-A2, 2008.
Antiphospholipid Antibody assays (Lupus Anticoagulants and/or Anticardiolipin Antibody) in the Massachusetts General Hospital Clinical Laboratory Coagulation Test Handbook